Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tau progress

Remember where we left off?
This bunch is everything I undercoated last week + 1 dude that already received his monochrome highlight drybrush.

On sunday and last night I did some painting on the Stealth Suits and 2 more Firewarriors...

And it keeps amazing me how fast the painting of these guys is.
Looky here how far I got with only 2 hours worth of painting:
2 extra Shas'la... still need to paint up a Shas'ui.
The Stealth Shas'vre has a helmet in sept colors, as prescribed in the codex ast... err... Tau Empire codex :)
They only need their bases done, a coat of varnish and static grass and then these are done as well... I hope to get it sorted this evening.

Also, check out what the mailman dropped off for me:

The oval base is really massive, so I already started thinking about what I want to add to it to make it look interesting (besides the addition of a big-ass battlesuit of course). I have some bits left over from Imperial buildings which I will be adding for the XV104 to stand on.

I also took a look at the sprues and saw that magnetizing the big gun won't be difficult, so I will be doing that. As for the secondary armament, I'm not so sure. They look similar to the XV8 weapon systems and I'm not sure I still like how I magnetized those in the past. I might need to look at some youtube videos about magnetizing crisis suits.

Did you magnetize your Riptide and what parts did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...