Monday, May 20, 2013

XV8s: awaiting varnish and static grass

Y'all know the drill, this is where I left off and after the break you get the goodies ;)

So I sat down and, switching between desks to do some World of Tanks battles when the paint was drying, I finished the XV8s and their 3 accompanying Firewarriors.

I painted the squatting Firewarrior as a Shas'ui (notice the white antenna?)... my guys need a squad leader, so they just got one.


The XV8s got some more markings than the Firewarriors and Stealth suits got. This to represent their personal heraldry, after all, the Battlesuit pilots are established Fire Caste heroes.
Also, and this is not clearly visible in the pictures, I gave their metal bits an extra highlight of silver over the gold. They deserve some extra attention in the details department.

I'm really happy with how they turned out, but more importantly, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good, I think the scheme and technique work really well on the "medium" suits ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by that you mean "get cracking on the Riptide!" ? ;)

      First up is one more Firewarrior, a Marker drone and 2 old style Broadsides... I'm keeping the best for last... or later in any case :p

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...