Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Laze

Ah yes, the weekend... a time in which you need to do all sorts of stuff, but you actually just want to chill ;)



Saturday night, there was a birthday party for my nephew. Nothing fancy, just a little family get together.

Sunday afternoon, the daughter of my wife's cousin had her baptism, so I had to be there.

The rest of the time was spent... playing... WORLD OF TANKS!


This August heralds the 15th anniversary of Wargaming.Net, the creators of World of Tanks. All weekend long, there were a lot of special events, allowing you to have a lot of progress on your tanks and crews. Which I did...

This game has really captured my attention. It's a freemium model, so you can play entirely for free but you can pay to get some advantages, which I don't do often. I admit to having bought some camo for my tanks and some upgrades to my crew, but I don't have a premium account, nor have I bought a premium tank. This might change in the future, as I think Wargaming deserves some sponsoring from me, seeing that I enjoy this game so much.

The game mechanics are well thought out and as you get better, you can actually feel yourself getting better and making a difference in the random teams you get placed in. (in which, I agree, sometimes idiots are present... probably including me, when I'm driving a new tank)

Anyway, I know a lot of tabletop wargamers are also computer gamers and sometimes even history enthusiasts. All of you guys that have an interest in WW II and are somewhat computer gamers, give World of Tanks a go, you won't regret it. You can find me on the EU server as Cheatah43. Give me a shout in-game, and maybe we can platoon up to kick some tank together!

Any questions? Fire away in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...