Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Angels of Destruction descend



My main army is a Successor chapter of the Dark Angels called the "Angels of Destruction". I've been constantly adding to and tweaking this army over the years, going back as far as 3rd edition 40k. My first army in 40k was Dark Eldar but this was primarily out of budgetary concerns as someone I knew bought the 3rd edition starter set and I could buy the Dark Eldar from him for a good price. Also, I was about 15 at the time, so I didn't have a lot of money.

I always had a soft spot for the most stubborn of Space Marine chapters, so I didn't wait too long to get them started.

Now, 15 years and a lot of experience later, this is where the army stands now.

I'll give a quick rundown of all the stuff I have and afterwards, I'll post an average 6th edition army list.


  • Belial (Converted from bits)
  • Several Company Master models with alternate weapons
  • Two Chaplains, one with jump pack and one with Terminator armor
  • Two Librarians
  • Command squad
  • 30-40 Tactical Marines
  • Devastators
  • 9 Assault Marines (*urk* I'm missing a jump pack...)
  • 10 Scouts with ccw+bp
  • 5 Scouts with sniper rifles and HB
  • 2 Dreadnoughts with interchangeable arms
  • 2 Rhinobacks (Rhino or Razorback)
  • 2 Predators (magnetized so they can act as Rhinos)
  • Vindicator
  • Land Raider (Godhammer type, magnetized)
  • 6 Ravenwing bikers
  • Land speeder (magnetized so it can be a Typhoon or a Tornado)
  • Droppod
  • 5 Deathwing Knights
  • 5 Assault Terminators
  • 11 Tactical Terminators
That's all I can come up with right now... 4500-5000pts, +/- 70% is painted.
I still have bits for 4 or 5 more terminators, possibly this includes a Terminator librarian.

This is my color scheme:

The silver helmets are for the veterans.
The Deathwing isn't painted in the Dark Angel scheme of Deathwing terminators, but in the same scheme as regular veterans: green and silver.

A typical army list for my Angels of Destruction in 6th edition goes something like this:

  • Belial
  • Librarian with Prescience
  • Command squad with Standard of Devastation (obviously :p)
  • Deathwing squad (10, Troops), mostly with Storm bolter / Power fist, but 3 with Thunder hammer / Storm shield + Cyclone missile launcher
  • Tactical squad (10), Plasma gun, Missile launcher
  • Tactical squad (10), Plasma gun, Missile launcher 
  • Devastator squad with 4 Missile launchers
  • Predator with Autocannon + lascannon sponsons
  • Predator with Autocannon + lascannon sponsons
  • Ravenwing squad or land speeder or assault marines or extra Deathwing squad or...
The librarian with the devastators give long range support, as do the Predators.
Command squad + tactical squad dish out the dakka with the Standard of Devastation.
In the mean time, they sit on objectives.
Belial and his Deathwing squad deep strike in the first or second turn and go kick ass, trying to get onto another objective.

Is there a gaping hole in my collection?
Any advice on my army list?
Drop a line in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...