Sunday, May 5, 2013

Second batch done!



I finally got some hobby-time. It's been a busy week and I haven't been feeling too well. Also, World of Tanks needed some attention as well. I'm grinding my way to get mucho XP with the M4E3A2 Sherman Jumbo so I can unlock the T-29, according to the interweb, one of the best Tier VII heavies in the game. Also, I still need about 1.1 million credits to be able to afford it :(

Since I also want the T-20, I need to keep the Jumbo to grind another 55k of XP, in the mean time giving my crew some nice skills to put them in the T-20 afterwards.

Anyway, onto 40k:
I finished the second batch of Tau models, you can check the pictures after the break.




The only things that needed work was the coat of varnish and the application of static grass.
So that didn't take too long, but it did involve all different kinds of equipment, so I took some time setting up the airbrush equipment, then putting it away again, after which I had room to bring out the stuff needed for the static grass.

I'm really happy with the way this army is looking and the techniques involved to getting it painted and on the battlefield fast.

Since I was using my airbrush anyway, I also applied the primer to the next batch of models.



This is a rather large batch, so I think I'll be splitting it up into 2 batches. One with both the Stealth suits and one with the Crisis suits. Hmm, I also forgot to undercoat some of the weapons of the Crisis suits, so I might need to do that first, before starting to paint the crisis suits, so I think the Stealth suits will be first.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...