Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1500p Casual Tau army

And now for something completely different... (no painting progress this time)

On friday, I've got another battle planned with my Tau army. The usual approach to building an armylist for me is to start off with what I have (if I don't have enough models to fill the points value) and go from there, adding in a few proxies where necessary. (We decided on 1500pts)

This time will be no different...

So first off, a bit of info on the army I'll be facing...


The battle is against my regular opponent Dries, you might know him from posts on this blog, like for example this one. He has 3 armies to choose from:

  • Space Marines
  • Imperial Guard
  • and the likely culprit: Tyranids
These are three highly distinct armies and heavy tailoring is frowned upon so I'll need a pretty all-round army list... good thing the Tau are masters of this :D

Next up, what do I have...
So here's the army list I made with the models that I have:
  • Cadre Fireblade
  • Riptide with Ion Accelerator and Early warning override (EWO)
  • 3 Stealth suits, 'vre with markerlight + target lock, marker drone
  • 2 Crisis suits with 2x missile pod + EWO
  • 11 Firewarriors, 'ui, bonding knife, devilfish with Smart missile system (SMS) and Disruption pod (DP)
  • 12 Kroot carnivores with sniper rounds
  • 5 Pathfinders, 'ui
  • 5 Pathfinders, 'ui
  • 2 Broadsides, Heavy Rail Rifle, SMS, EWO
  • Hammerhead, Ion Cannon, SMS, Longstrike
Which leaves me with just over 230pts to fill...


And I'm a little low on Troops, so I'll take this:
  • 10 Firewarriors, 'ui, bonding knife
  • 10 Firewarriors, 'ui, bonding knife
  • Sensor spines on Devilfish and Hammerhead
And I end up with 1 point not spent... 


This looks pretty balanced. I have enough guns to fend off hordes, a good slathering of anti-vehicular boom (maybe not in the AV 14 range, but I can live with that) and 2 large blasts that obliterate MEQs... any comments?

3 comments:

  1. More troops is always good. Looks like a pretty balanced list, though one of the first I've seen with Fireblade and not a commander. I'll be curious to hear how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been running a fireblade based Tau list since the new codex. I find it works really well, ups the potency of a fire warrior squad nicely & adds a BS5 markerlight with TL, which is handy to buff a pathfinder squad :)

      Looks like a fair list overall, I hope you post a battle report, curious to see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. So, the battle is tonight, and here is the list I will use. It's the exact same list I used in our previous game, since it works reasonably and I've had no time to do anything 40k related the past few weeks (due to moving appartments)

    Tyrannids (1500):
    HQ: Hive Tyrant with wings, 2 twin linked devourers and Hive Commander

    Elites:
    3 Hive Guard
    5 Ymgarl Genestealers
    Doom of Malantai in a Mycetic spore


    Troops:
    2 Tervigons with Catalyst, Adrenal glands, Toxin Sacs
    10 Termagants
    20 Termagants with devourers in a Mycetic spore

    Fast Attack
    20 Gargoyles with Toxin Sacs

    Keep tuned for the battle report that Cheatah surely will write ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...