Friday, April 26, 2013

Tau progress

Hi there and welcome to a small post about my progress.
Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to take any pictures so this will be a text update only.

Just wanted to let you know that I started painting on the next batch of Tau models: 2 firewarriors, a gun drone and a stealth suit. The reason I do a mix of miniatures is to keep things fresh... try painting 5 space marines in a batch... it gets tedious.

The undercoat was already done so i could immediately start with the highlighting and tinting of the armor. The highlights took me about 15 minutes and the violet coloring of the armor took about 30 minutes for the 2 coats of wash. That was fast! Especially since I still needed to figure out what parts of the stealth suit needed to be violet.

Afterwards, I just played some World of Tanks since the wash needed to dry anyway...

Next stage is doing the undersuit using Sepia wash (VGC, as always) and the mechanical parts need to be dulled down from their drybrush highlight, so they get a thinned down black wash. After that, it's detailing work...

I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.

How fast is your paintjob?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...