Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Concept Tau Firewarrior - Part 2

This is where we left off...
I continued work on Shas'la S'mik yesterday, taking into account the suggestions made by EllisW in the comments of the previous post.

I wasn't quite sure about the suggestion to use green for the lenses, but, as this is just S'mik and I always obey my commenters, I decided to try it and this is the result:
Green lenses!
The lenses were painted with a combination of VGC Dark Green and VGC Sickly Green (stupid name) with a final highlight (at the bottom of the lenses) in 1:1 Sickly Green/White.

Seeing this result... I decided to keep it... the green contrasts nicely with the violet without looking overpowering. Thanks for the suggestion, EllisW!

I also did the "round thingy on the rifle" in gold/bronze, as seen in the next picture:
The only extra details that I can add bronze to would be the recessed part of the antenna, I think... and I might do that next painting session, just to finish off this model.

As a parting gift, here's a picture of the other side of the mini:

The Tau symbol is painted with the inverted colors opposed to the one you see on most models in the codex. I like it better this way as it contrasts better with the dark armor.

After this, I sanded the base, but It needed to dry overnight (PVA glue) so I have no more pictures... but stay tuned for a final update to Shas'la S'mik soon!

I really like this color scheme and it's really fast to paint. What do you think? Does it need anything else?

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, I really like the green lenses too. Show us the based model soon, I always find that really impacts the overall look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold your horses, post coming up later today :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...