Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The end is nigh!


Apocalypse Then?

Back when the first iteration of Apocalypse was released, I was in a 2 year hobby-void where the only thing I did, related to the hobby, was read codices and novels. I did this just to stay in the hobby mind-set for a bit.

So I bought the book and read it cover to cover. I wasn't very impressed and as I didn't have a big enough army nor a regular opponent, no Apocalypse games were played. The big models were cool, like the Baneblade and Stompa (was that released along with Apoc?), but the release came and went and not much of an F was given.

I read the recent rumors about the new iteration of Apocalypse and had the same thought about it: Meh.
But then...



Apocalypse Now!

Today, I saw the Khorne Lord of Skulls for the first time and my jaw dropped to the floor... what an amazing model!

This just screams "Blood for the blood god!"
... I'm still looking for my jaw actually... just look at this guys pretty little face(s):



I think I'm in love ;)
And look at the size of it... I wouldn't want to be the 'zerker in the next picture...


Games Workshop keeps releasing amazing models, and the books since 6th edition have been gorgeous as well. They really took the hobby to the next level... unfortunately, that also means their products come at a premium price. This model sets you back 125 euro... that's right, I can pay my energy bill for 3 months with that money (granted, I've got solar panels :p).

So will I be buying the Lord of Skulls? Nope.
Will I be buying the book? Nope.

Will I continue adding to the armies I do own? Yep... that I will...

Which reminds me, I need to schedule another battle... my Tau need some experience in battle...

Good job GW, really loving the stuff you keep doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...