Tuesday, October 15, 2013

XV104... Finished Him!


You should read the title in the voice from Mortal Kombat:

Final pictures after the break!




I finished the model with a matt varnish spray through the ol' airbrush. After that, grass was applied to the base using superglue and the shield was given a coat of gloss varnish, to represent the fact that it's a powerfield of sorts.


And a shot head-on, showing you how menacing this model is when it's facing down the enemy!

I'm really happy with this model. What do you guys think?

5 comments:

  1. Is it the picture? Or does I
    The model look frosted?? It looks like the matte finish frosted on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airbrushing the matte varnish indeed leaves a bit of a frosted finish on the models. At first I didn't like this, but the look has grown on me. They look "dusty", as if they've been on a prolonged mission and the dust accumulated on their armor.

      Delete
  2. Nice painting job, I like this color.
    Good continuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint job is great like the simplicity of it, been following the progress for awhile. You can lose the frost by first using something like future floor polish then a matte finish over it. Your getting the frost from the matte because it's drying before it hits the model turn the psi down , thin the matte varnish(depending on brand) and move the airbrush closer to model. Unless you like the effect then disregard, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... "simple" (as in 'easy to apply') was what I was going for :)

      Since my entire army has this look, I won't change it for my Tau, but I'll try it out for my next army... (whichever that may be)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...