Monday, June 3, 2013

Broadside business


Well, you know how this works. On top is the picture of where I left off with my current paint batch. This was over a week ago (*gasp*) but I finally got a couple of hours of painting done and after the break, I will show you where I ended up this saturday...



I did the Firewarrior undersuit with Sepia wash (as always) and did all the mechanical parts on all four models with the watered down black wash. However, I think I thinned it a bit too much so I'll need to go over a couple of parts to tone them down later.

The other thing I did was to start basecoating the parts that need to be white in Stonewall Grey. (a bit like the old GW Fortress Grey) This goes fast for nearly all bits and pieces I usually do in white, like antennas and the Fire Caste symbol. I decided to do the heavy rail rifles in white as well, but blocking in the (to be) white parts in grey without going into the recesses took me a lot of time. So much time that I even didn't want to start the second Broadside. So I'll need to do that later this week (maybe tonight?).


This is a before/after shot of the two XV88s side by side. I quite like the look of the white rail rifles, so that's good :)

After the Stonewall grey basecoat, it's on to highlighting those parts in white, redo some parts of the black wash, lenses, markings and metal bits.

I know the new XV88s are a lot better models, but I have these lying around so they'll have to do for now.  Watch this space for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...