Wednesday, October 2, 2013

XV104... III


Last picture of previous update, as per usual.

Yesterday I continued work on the model and I'm really enjoying the painting, so a pretty big update after the break!

First thing I did was shade the shiny bits with a Sepia wash.


For the more astute readers among you, yes, apparently I don't have pictures of just this step, so the next step is also visible: layering the parts that need to be white in Stonewall Gray.


After playing some World of Tanks, I couldn't help myself and I also did the white highlighting on the "white" parts and the gold highlight on the shiny bits.

And here the shiny bits aren't visible... I need to start making relevant pictures :p

As I was on a roll, I decided to also do all the lenses. Eye lenses, lense-like thingies on the engines and the big lense on the gun.

Todo list:

  • Markings (possibly with decals, will need to buy some decal medium)
  • Shield effect (will need to buy some gloss varnish)
  • Basing

Watch this space for the next part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...