Friday, November 22, 2013

15mm WW2: Panzer IV ausf. H - Continued


As pointed out by myself and some astute readers, the colors are a bit on the bright side to be camo.
Actually I anticipated this in my use of a very light yellow color whereas the base color of late war panzers is dunkelgelb, aka dark yellow.

That's why I planned from the beginning to add a wash of vallejo sepia. After reading up on what filters are (in a model painting context) I decided to just go ahead with the wash, but in a thinned down version. This should have the same effect as a filter, with the added benefit that I didn't have to buy yet another modeling supply ;)


So, after a bit of experimenting, I got the wash to a suitable consistency and this is what came out:

Don't mind the blotchy parts... it looks like weathering ;)

Brothers panzer in full livery...
This is starting to look like it should... also note I swapped around the turrets as I got the comment that the bands on hull and turret matched up and that it looked odd, so I switched them to not make the bands line up... to me, it seems better that the bands match... what do you guys think?

Anyway, next up is weathering, with a drybrush of the base yellow color I used, to show wear and tear. After that, tracks, wheels and details.

... now I need to find some decals... but to do that, I'll need to figure out what division they belong to... any hints?

I'm liking 15mm tanks... now I just need to decide on a ruleset and an opposing faction to fight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...